Wifi is connected but no internet access?
My phone, xbox, kindle, everything will NOT connect to the internet but is technically connected to my wifi. But when i connect the modem to my mother's and my friend's laptop, the wifi works perfectly. I think the pc's network settings are messed up or something. Please help
Modem: Arris Touchstone
Router: Netgear N300 WNR2000 v3
Computer: eMachines EL1852G
(1) Does it work for intranet (within your Local Area Network)?
(2) Then work out why you cannot access internet by checking the Windows settings, router settings, etc.
My guess is that the problem is due to LAN IP Address Conflict. Do this: Enable DHCP in the modem. Also manually assign different LAN IP addresses to each device like Modem, router etc.connected to your LAN.
You may need to renew your IP address.
Click on the "Start" button and type "Run."
Type "cmd" in the box and click on "OK." A window with a command prompt appears. It resembles the old DOS operating system.
Type "ipconfig /release" and press "Enter." This releases your computers current IP addresses.
Type "ipconfig /renew" and press "Enter." This assigns your computer a new set of IP addresses.
Type "Exit" and press "Enter" to close the window. You computer now has a new IP address.
If the above steps don't resolve your connectivity issue, try unplugging your modem and/or router for a few seconds and then repeat the process.
Best of luck!
Change to lan
Here is the tricky part your going to have to manually configure the IP of both the bridge and your windows mobile computer. To manually configure the bridge first get all your ip data of your ethernet (before you create the bridge) to do this in network connections right click the the wired adapter then select status and write all the numbers down remembering that your DNS address is the same as your gateway address set up a static ip by right clicking the bridge then select properties then select tcpip then select properties. Fill in all the stuff IP, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS server which is same as gateway. For windows mobile I have no idea where exactly the menu is but just add 1 to the last digit of the IP address and fill out the rest as you did with the comp. Just look up tcp/ip settings for windows mobile or setting a static ip address for windows mobile.
- Do you have to be connected to internet to read a book off of your kindle?
- Can you watch movies on a Kindle Fire when you arent connected to internet?
- Can you watch movies on a Kindle Fire when you arent connected to internet? - 1
- How to find my WiFi password on my kindle when it's already connected?
- What do i do if my kindle fire is connected to a wifi but wont load a webpage?