Is it safe to buy things online with a debit card?
I want to buy something from my kindle app on my tablet, but I'm worried about putting my information online. Is there anything to worry about? How can I know if it's safe?
I do it all the time. Have been for years and never had a problem.
Are you buying from a well known retailer, like Amazon or Apple? Buying from places like that would be fine. It's safe to use your card details online provided you're on a legitimate website.
Transact only with reputed online retailers. If on website check for https:// before the domain name and also make sure the site is a trusted one by any verification symbols like verisign etc., If you are not sure of the site, just do not transact to be safe.
If you are getting something from Amazon then yes its safe!
Yes it is. Visa Debit card policies show ZERO liability. The only issue is that if you use a day to day account, and you are waiting for a refund to get some money out, and you need it to buy gas to pick up your grandmother for her doctors appt., then you might have a problem. Since some banks a few days to process refunds. Also make sure you know the retailer and trust them.
You can try it.
I usually buy things online by using my debit card.
- How to buy something from amazon with my debit card?
- What would be the best visa/debit card for a first one?
- Does amazon.com accept payment by debit card?
- A 'debit card charge' of 46c after downloading a FREE book for the kindle?
- Where Can I buy CHERUB: The Killing online then read it online or on my kindle?