How to transfer kindle PC ebooks to my KINDLE?
I'm trying to set up my nephew's [7 y.o.] kindle; he doesn't have wifi on it and we don't have a password for any wifi. He does have internet at home through a PC.
I heard that if you downloaded books onto your PC you can transfer the books onto the kindle. I havew downloaded a book just for practice to see if it would work… And when I'm trying to drag the book into "documents" nothing is being transfered.
So do I really need WIFI in order to get the book to show up on the kindle?
What you need to do is download this free open source program called Calibre and then load the books on there. Then follow instructions on Calibre, modify the file name to Kindle. Then you connect the usb port, and transfer the books over.
So far as I know, all Kindles have wifi! Copying an ebook to the documents folder is all you need to do, but it has to be in a suppported format. My guess is that you've downloaded the wrong format and the Kindle can't handle it. Calibre will convert the documents for you as you do the transfer, so the answer's still "use Calibre". You don't need to change filenames though - just connect the Kindle via USB, select your book and click on the transfer to device button.
1. Make sure the book is MOBI or PDF format. EPUB or TXT format is not supported by Kindle.
2. Transfer the book to the "documents" folder under Kindle drive. It will display under "Device" shelf.
To test the offline transfer, you can also buy a free (or paid) book on Amazon, then go to "Manage Your Kindle" (under "Your Account", on the right-hand side of Amazon home page), log in to find the purchased items. Click "Actions… " on the right of an item and select download to computer. Then copy the downloaded item (normally AZW3) to Kindle (documents folder).
- How to transfer ebooks from my pc to kindle?
- How to transfer ebooks to the kindle app (on a laptop)?
- How to transfer non-amazon ebooks into my kindle app on windows 8 phone?
- How to transfer ebooks from my pc to my kindle app on my Android HTC phone?
- Are Kindle eBooks or iBooks eBooks generally cheaper?