How to get my laptop to read my kindle?
I plugged my kindle to my laptop once and it said it needed to install something. The same way it does when you plug in a camera or mp3 device. But, I think I exed it out and now whenever I plug in my kindle it just charges it. I want to be able to add or delete stuff. Can anyone help?
When you plug it in can you see a reference to a devise in "My Computer" if so then the system has recognized it if not then you may need to search and remove the trace install for that devise which could be hard unless you know where it installed to or the name it installed with.
Try a different USB port to see if it will re install the driver files needed
See here for the full procedure and system requirement, for a laptop to recognize the Kindle:
See if you've missed some steps. Hope that helps.
- Can I use Kindle to read Pdfs from my laptop?
- Can I read books bought on the kindle fire with my laptop?
- Is there a free program to read mobi (KINDLE) files on a pc or laptop?
- If I buy a book from amazons Kindle Store, can I read it on my laptop?
- Can I read Amazon Kindle Books on my laptop running Windows 7?