How to get my laptop to read my kindle?
I plugged my kindle to my laptop once and it said it needed to install something. The same way it does when you plug in a camera or mp3 device. But, I think I exed it out and now whenever I plug in my kindle it just charges it. I want to be able to add or delete stuff. Can anyone help?
When you plug it in can you see a reference to a devise in "My Computer" if so then the system has recognized it if not then you may need to search and remove the trace install for that devise which could be hard unless you know where it installed to or the name it installed with.
Try a different USB port to see if it will re install the driver files needed
See here for the full procedure and system requirement, for a laptop to recognize the Kindle:
See if you've missed some steps. Hope that helps.
- Is it possible to read a Kindle book on an ordinary laptop?
- How to read and download books onto my laptop?(no Kindle)?
- Can I read Amazon Kindle Books on my laptop running Windows 7?
- Can you read Kindle books on your computer? If so, do you need a specific program to read them?
- How to read books with Kindle for PC? Read description?