How to fix a kindle fire usb charger?
The kindle fire charger at the tip of the part where it goes in an outlet charger, i discovered there was a cut there, so i could see all the wires showing. How can i fix it so i can charge my kindle fire?
Be sure the charger is disconnected from power and the Kindle Fire while you work to prevent sparks, arcs and other nasty little problems. Remember to disconnect everything first!
If what you're seeing is just more wires with unbroken insulation, then wrap up the outer case neatly in some electrical tape and it will work just fine.
If you're seeing bare wires or wires with nicks, cracks or bald spots in the insulation, then the original outer case will have to be cut away carefully to allow enough room to wrap tape around each individual wire so that no bare metal shows and no two wires may touch bare metal to metal. Then you will need to neatly wrap the bundle together so that the outer insulation is replaced to prevent abrasions and nicks from handling.
That's the best and easiest way I can tell you without seeing the damage myself. Good luck!
- Does the amazon kindle fire hd come with a charger or a USB cable?
- Can I plug my Kindle Fire into a wall outlet using any old USB charger?
- My Kindle Fire charger is not working properly. How can I fix that?
- Can I use my kindle 5w wall charger to charge devices that use a usb?
- USB camera charger adaptor safe with kindle?