How to delete books on the Kindle Fire HD?
Does anyone know how to delete books from the Kindle Fire HD?
Added (1). The Kindle Fire HD DOES NOT have a five way controller! So some of your suggestions wont help! Thx though!
Simple: Follow this --
If you want to delete the book from your Kindle but leave it in your archives do the following:
1. Go to HOME
2. Find the book you want to delete
3. Click on the LEFT arrow (on your 5 way controller)
4. "remove from your device will show up under the book you want to remove. Click on it.
If you are removing a sample or other item that is not stored in your archives, it will as you to confirm before you delete otherwise, it is immediatly removed from your Kindle.
This information can be found in your users guide under Managing Your Content.
by the way, if you want to backup them for the later using you can read this article for help.
Here are the steps:
1. On the top navigation bar, choose "Books", then select "Device"
2. Tap and hold the book you plan to delete, for a few seconds
3. You'll see an option "Remove from Device". Tap on it and the book will be removed from your Kindle Fire HD.It'll remain in cloud as archived book, so you can download to your Kindle Fire HD later.
To remove the book permanently from cloud drive, see here:
So you must go to Manage Your Kindle on Amazon site to have your book permanently deleted. But you won't be able to re-download it later.
Hope this helps.