Calibre- does not show/ not connected to Kindle Fire?
I downloaded Calibre but there is no button for 'send to device'. I have a Kindle Fire and I can't seem to transfer the converted files.
I right click on the file and press 'send to' but the 'send to device is not highlighted'.
1) How to I get the Calibre to recognise my Kindle?
2) How do I send files to the kindle after it's recognised?
Thanks for the help.
To my knowledge, the kindle can't "accept" files that way. If you have an ebook on the computer that you want on the kindle, you need a usb cable. Separatley, you can download books from the kindle store. Also, I have an app on the kindle for my local library that downloads books off the net, allowing me to read on the kindle.
When you have converted files with calibre, they are sent to a folder in 'My Documents' called 'Calibre Library'.
Go in there and you can simply drag and drop the converted file into your Kindle Fire when its 'conected as Media Device'. The original file will be in there too, so make sure you pick the one that is converted. It will be obvious when you see it.
You can set up Calibre to 'manage Kindle library' but I have not, preferring the manual method I describe above.
- Is the Kindle Fire connected with the Android Marketplace?
- Has anyone used Calibre for the Kindle Fire?
- Why does my kindle fire tell me that i am connected to a low power charger?
- What do i do if my kindle fire is connected to a wifi but wont load a webpage?
- I need to get my mobi books from calibre onto my kindle fire?